INVISALIGN - ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW
Nothing is as important as a genuine and heartfelt smile. Whether in your professional life or when you are out socialising, an attractive smile can make you feel happier and more relaxed – as well as making the right impression! If you’ve ever thought about how improving your smile could help you to feel more confident, Invisalign® might be for you. With Invisalign, you can have the smile you always wanted, without traditional fixed braces.
The Invisalign system straightens your teeth with a series of custom-made clear aligners, which are comfortable and practically invisible. It was developed by Align Technology together with leading orthodontists. And it works – over 1.4 million patients worldwide have made Invisalign their clear choice.
By using advanced technology, Invisalign can treat a broad range of dental and orthodontic conditions, which, in the past, were usually
treated with traditional braces:
• Overly crowded teeth
• Widely spaced teeth
- are comfortable and virtually invisible.
- gently and continuously move your teeth in small increments.
are worn for about two weeks. Then you switch to a new set of
can be removed for eating, brushing, and flossing, or a special
How does the treatment work?
Overall, an average treatment takes between 9 and 18 months, and is made up of the following steps:
- You meet with an Invisalign-trained dental practitioner for a consultation about your treatment.
- Based on your dental practitioner’s treatment plan and your dental records, a virtual 3D treatment plan is generated that shows you the movement of your teeth from the current position to the desired final position.
- Once you and your dental practitioner have approved the plan, the aligners are made to custom-fit your teeth, and your teeth only. The number of aligners varies for each person.
- You wear your aligners about 20 to 22 hours everyday, except to eat, brush, and floss, or for a specific occasion.
- Every two weeks, you switch to a new set of aligners. The aligners will gradually move your teeth into their final prescribed position.
What is Invisalign?
Designed to custom-fit your teeth and go with your lifestyle, Invisalign offers many benefits beyond your brand-new smile:
- It is virtually invisible; hardly anyone will see that you are straightening your teeth.
- It allows you to maintain your dental hygiene and brush and floss as usual.
- The aligners can be removed for eating and drinking or special occasions.
- There is less chance of irritation on your mouth and gums since there are no brackets or wires.
- Even before you start treatment you’ll know how long your treatment may take and what your teeth are expected to look like at the end of the treatment.
How much does Invisalign cost?
In most cases, Invisalign costs about the same as traditional braces. Treatment fees are set by the treating dental practitioner and the average cost ranges from approximately £2,500-£4,000. However, prices start as low as £1,800 for minor corrections.